🏄🏻♂️ “I’ll ride the wave where it takes me.”
– Eddie Vedder
Who I am
I am a psych-grad turned teacher turned digital communications professional turned coach. Born and raised in Vancouver, BC, I’ve led an active West Coast lifestyle and have worn many hats as a recreational coach and leader. As a second generation Canadian, born to Chinese-Indonesian parents who fled their home country during a civil uprising, I am grateful for the privilege to live, work, and play on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the səl̓ilwətaɁɬ təməxʷ (Tsleil-Waututh), Skwxwú7mesh-ulh Temíx̱w (Squamish), and šxʷməθkʷəy̓əmaɁɬ təməxʷ (Musqueam) people.
For almost my entire professional career, I have worked with multi-functional teams in complex organizational environments at the intersection where people, process, and technology meet. As an individual contributor and eventually leader of a digital communications team at The University of British Columbia, I helped create a digital ecosystem that impacts the way millions of people interact online with Canada’s second-largest research university. Although this work is highly technical and creative in nature, my north star has always been a core value and belief in the positive impact of developing people.
I bring an integrated approach to people and team development that combines my background in psychology and education with my volunteer work coaching recreational and elite-level athletes, my passion for health & wellbeing, and my on-going professional training as a certified coach. I weave this together in a holistic manner in all that I do.
I’ve come to believe that people are all driven by the same core value:
To live a good life — to live our BEST life — a life with meaningful purpose and fulfillment.
And ultimately, this is what drives me in my own life and in my mission as a leader and a coach.
I am currently:
- Working full-time at The University of British Columbia as a digital communications team manager and internal coach
- Delivering coaching through various partnerships and coaching rosters including 1:1 and group coaching for leaders, health coaching,
- Pursuing a Masters of Science in Applied Positive Psychology (MSc/MAPP)
- Building an app called Methodically
From time to time, I also:
- Create content and resource materials to support the process of personal growth and professional development
- Offer advising and consulting to companies bridging the world of coaching and technology